Sunday, August 3, 2008

Muffins, pasta salad and ..stuff

The garden is doing really, really well.
We have zucchini everywhere. Seriously everywhere. I realized this morning I had forgotten a zucchini somewhere in the house. Found it in the hallway on the windowsill. Yeep.
I've been trying out every zucchini recipe that sounds remotely appealing. If ya got one, please for the love of god, SHARE.
I made muffins this morning:



These are serious, full-bodied muffins. Honey, pecans, and apple pie spice. Very, very good!

Yesterday's early morning vegetables ended up in the muffins and the pasta salad. My yellow bell pepper gives some weird shaped peppers every so often. Ah well. This was what I picked in the morning...yesterday evening I picked a huge batch of stuff.




I hate pasta salad. A lot. Yet, by some warped twist of fate, everyone asks me to make it for gatherings. I don't know why...it's freaking pasta salad. Cook pasta, add stuff. This was 4 lbs of pasta...it got hoovered at a smaller family gathering yesterday.





Now, just some random shots from yesterday.



Voodoo's idea of Bliss:



Strider's idea of Bliss:

One side of my back porch is covered with Cardinal Climber vine...very pretty.

My lovely old girl, and her now constant companion. He knows she isn't doing so well. What a good guy, huh?

2 comments:

~B. said...

Oooh, I love that vine! Very pretty. And I'm sure that your family requests **your** pasta salad because it's fab...even when simple, not everyone can do fab. And look at all the color! :)

OK...I'm dying for someone here to ask me, "need any zucchini?" because I badly want to try this recipe from Pioneer Woman's new guest chef guy named Pastor Ryan (I think). Her link is on my blog, if needed. Oh...heck...I'll BRB with the link for ya! :)

~B. said...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/cooking-with-ryan-zucchini-cakes/

There ya go. You must review if you try it!