Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I smell, part 2- perfume reviews

Next up:
Tiptoeing Through The Chambers Of The Moon
Yes, I know how dippy that sounds. But, dippy smells damned nice!
--amber, tuberose (and secret ingredients that we are not allowed to divulge).
A tad worrisome? What the hell did I just put on my wrists?

Anyway, to my totally unrefined nose
First sniff:
Amber, for sure..tuberose, strong but not overpowering.
Something under it like sandalwood..?? Very quiet.
Very feminine and lovely, with no hideous powder.

I hate most floral perfume. With my chemistry, they tend to smell like powder and nasty-ass Victoria's Secret perfumes. GAG.
Now, if you wear Victoria's Secret perfume and you like it, more power to you.
It makes my sinuses burn like I was doing lines of Ajax...and, on me, it smells like powdery/perfumed vomit. Don't get all offended if I can't stop sneezing when you walk past. It isn't personal.

Here's a request:
If you wear perfume, cologne, whatever...
APPLY WITH A LIGHT HAND.
Going grocery shopping should not be an exercise in the powers of Benadryl. I don't want to smell you when I pass by (10 feet away!).

Save your scent for your intimates...
and yes I mean your beloved people, not your underwear.

I think Tiptoeing is a keeper. 3 hours on, and I'm still liking it. I just might not use the real name.

3 comments:

~B. said...

LOL! I have only tried/smelled one VS perfume and it is Halo...and I love it and wear it (now).

Like you, I find some scents so offensive and I can personally wear few without paying a price (like a wicked bad headache, etc).

And good god...I swear some women must bathe in their perfume. Totally offensive!

Sam said...

So much has to do with our body chemistry and just plain old preference.
I adore flower scents, and as a gardener I would LOVE to wear flower scents.
Alas, most smell like "X flower with base note of cat urine".

On my friend, almost ALL flower scents are divine..and she hates them.
My perfume makes another friend sneeze like crazy, and I barely use any.
Glad you got what I meant, and didn't take it as an attack on your morals :D

Wendy said...

You and I have the same chemistry, Sam. I love rose, but it smells like Eau de Cat Pee whenever I wear it. Citruses tend to go sour, too--unfair! But we can wear those spicy, sultry, bad-girl scents that floral-wearers can only dream about. :D

On that note (no pun intended) I have a ton of foody and amber samples coming your way, including "Ambre Precieux" (myrtle, lavender, amber, vanilla, nutmeg, ambergris, peru balsam, tolu) and "Note Vanillee" (mandarin, jasmine, honey, licorice, sandalwood, vanilla, cognac, rum). Can't wait to hear your opinion of them!

And I just ordered a full bottle of "Tiptoeing Through Chambers of the Moon". Swoon! The sample is almost gone, I can't stop wearing it. It's an addiction.