Monday, August 4, 2008

I smell.

I ordered some perfume samples, trying to find a scent that doesn't make my sinuses burn or my head hurt.
Luckyscent has a trillion samples. W, wherever you are...I don't love you anymore.

I got my goodies in today.
I ripped open the package and tried the first one I snagged. Geisha Noire.
First sniff:
Powdery, teenage scent. GAG.
Michael sniffed. Not exactly a scent to drive my man wild
(I do that with baked goods)...especially since he said "It smells..like powder. Girly powder".
After half an hour or so:
Can definitely smell the amber and sandalwood now. STILL offensively powdery. I'm washing it off.

Next Up.. Chocolate Greedy
First sniff on skin.
Oh My God ...amazing.
VERY adult scent. This is not Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker chocolate (which I feared). I can't stop smelling this.
Warm, creamy high-end chocolate...orange peel scent keeps it up and a tiny bit sharp. Very complex, but still feels yummy and decadent.
Vanilla notes are NOT vanilla extract or Walmart candle vanilla...once again, I was worried about that.

~~Update~~
Michael just called me a sexy, expensive dessert. He's standing beside me and has one wrist held under his nose.
I so need a ROFLMFAO emoticon right now. I'll let you know how this pans out..as of right now...

Dayum. This is AMAZING.

3 comments:

~B. said...

And here I was envisioning (ensmelling?) manure of some sort. :D :D :D

Chocolate Greedy sounds wonderful...I will have to remember that one. I took a peek at that site and decided right away that I wanted to try Bruno Acampora because they give you less of it than the others (like liquid gold or something...lol). ;)

Sam said...

You know, GF, that coulda so easily been the case.
"What in hell did I step in?"

Thank the olfactory gods, this time it wasn't! :D
--
There are so many fantastic sample scents.
My perfume goddess friend, W, got me started on luckyscent. I may not forgive her.

Wendy said...

But I love YOU! *teletubbies voice*

If you're going to have an addiction, perfume is a classy, nummy one to have! Glad that you're enjoying, I have to order a sample of Chocolate Greedy now (dangit). You really need to try Botrytis, methinks you'll like it.

Muahahahahahhaaaaa...that was my Evil Perfume Maven laugh.