Saturday, June 14, 2008

Very @#$%^ BAD DOG. Kind of.

Instead of my easy dinner last night, I made pizzas. Grilled pizza is one of my favorite foods..which isn't saying one hell of a lot.

Michael's pizza was ultra meaty and cheesy and sauced to death. Not my thing at all.

My pizza had shrimp, shrooms, olives (black and feta stuffed green), artichoke hearts and a mix of cheeses (Havarti, fresh mozzarella..I had a round of Babybel so that got slapped on there, too).

I make my own sauce..I like it with a little bit of bite. Not traditional pizza, I'm sure. Oh, and I tossed some ground rosemary in my crust. I had a lukewarm reaction to it, so probably won't bother again.
The result was a stringy, olivey mess that had me closing my eyes in ecstasy with each bite.


I made little pizzas for us both. Maybe not *little* by definition, but little considering I usually feel I'm cooking for a family of 11. I don't do small batches of anything. It's a problem.

I left the pizzas on the kitchen table while we had supper.
No, we don't eat at the table. Our meals are eaten where the mood strikes. All part of my *meals should indulge all the senses* way of life.

The Very @#$%^ Bad Dog part.

I'm sitting on the couch, making out with my supper, and I hear an odd dry, slithery sound. In a house of 4 dogs and 3 cats...meh..weird noises abound.
I went back to my book (The Egg and I) and my food. I then hear the weird, snorty breathing of a Llewellin setter with something big clamped in his mouth.
Oh yeah.
You know where this is headed.

Voodoo had my remaining pizza (the dry slither was the crust sliding off the cooling rack)..today's fabulous lunch..and was bringing it to me to "trade for something good".

*gulp*

Now. Here's where it gets hard. Do I freak out and strangle the dog...or...stick with what I've trained and get him something good (bitch, that pizza IS good. What the hell am I supposed to trade up with!? Kobe beef?!).

Michael, the love of my life, made a fatal mistake.
He said, "Well, that will teach us to not leave food out."
Absolutely true, BabyDarlin', but SO NOT THE TIME.

I found something to trade up with. The slice in Michael's hand. teehee!

The moral of the story:
Dogs will be the scavengers they are. Even if you've spent countless hours training. Voo saw an Opportunity and ran with it.
Even more important:

Don't piss off She Who Just Threw Her Fabulous Leftovers In The Trash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Egg And I, good read. I've been meaning to get around to The Plague And I, too.

I feel your pain. This morning I discovered Kang has not only been trying to dig out, but had actually removed several portions of wood from the (new last year) plank most immediately in her way. She was trying to get to a bird's nest that had been built in the corner, and apparently decided that if she couldn't get to it from this side, she'd try the other!

She was happy to show it to me. I think she thought I would help. *sigh*

(This is CriticalCat/LabRat/adjectiveanimal using one of my nine zillion net IDs since you don't allow anon commenting.)

~B. said...

Ohmygodthatpizzalooksgood. I am way impressed by the training and how you handled that.

Sam said...

AdjectiveAnimal (dear god I love it),
I reread The Plague and I, Onions In The Stew and Who, Me? every few years. Very, very funny woman.
Oh Kang..what the hell you thinkin', dog.
My dogs haven't done any structural demo that wasn't Separation Anxiety related.. so far. I am not holding my breath.

Brenda,
The pizza was really good. Quite happy with it, even though it looked like hell.
hehe..I can say the most horrific things ever to the dogs, so long as I'm happysunshiny!
It gets the rage out without me strangling them LOL