Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad's Day photos

Instead of taking the day off, Michael asked if we could take the dogs to the park.





For those that don't know our dogs, that's like asking "Can we give 3 toddlers some meth and take them to Toys R Us?" Well, sure! Sounds like a par-tay to me.


Very good time, aside from it being too damned hot and humid to really hike.
We took the dogs to the woods and into the creek.
Henry tried to eat this:



When the frog took off, Henry went a-hunting.



Even though he's an 82 pound Rotti/Pit/Houndy mix and scares the crap out of everyone..you know he's adorable. Bask in the Stridery Goodness.






Henry (r) and Voodoo, not so patiently waiting
"C'monnn, Naked Ape! S'go s'gooooo" (please god someone get that)



Big giant shock, Michael didn't ask for tacos *faint*
He wanted cantaloupe, havarti and ham panini..with broccoli slaw.



I can't believe it. The man has suggested tacos for almost every meal since we met.

The broccoli slaw is another hot weather staple. I found some organichappyhappy brand..pre-shredded..broccoli, carrots and red cabbage. I cannot leave well enough alone so I toss in a handful of pecans or walnuts, extra carrots and a handful of really freaking sharp cheddar. We love it.

I forgot to toss some basil in the panini this time. They were every bit as good, but I really like that clean, sweet basil flavor. Michael said, "What basil??" *sigh*

3 comments:

~B. said...

Ooh la la...that looks delicious! :) That frog picture rocks. Love your new slideshow, too. :)

Unknown said...

OMFG that panini looks GOOD! :D I'm moving in with you. :) Expect me on your doorstep shortly.

Anonymous said...

It had never occurred to me before to put melon in a ham sandwich, but now that I have seen it I'm wondering how it is that it never did.

Stingray loves cantaloupe and loves ham sandwiches... this should be an easy sell.