Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Michael got to sleep in today..in honor of Father's Day. The dogs and cats, you know.

He's also getting Dinner of Choice (tacos), and Dessert of Choice (cherry pie).
Two things I detest.

I sat for an hour pitting sour cherries.
When I first gathered up my pretty earthenware bowl full of cherries I felt like Ye Olde Farm Wife...in a cool, funky, retro way.

Now I'm just pissed off and sticky..
I feel very much like taking him to Taco Bell.





That's my kitchen garden out the window...tomatoes, cucumbers, squashes, herbs..and some marigolds for natural insect repellent. Lots of flowers in there, too. I love cottage gardening.

3 comments:

Nick (SBJ) said...

You detest cherry pie, huh? Interesting... great picture of the cherries and the garden through the window.

Sam said...

Yep. Cherry pie and banana ..anything.

~B. said...

Sam...you could only be cool funky and retro. :)