Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Someone has to be the skunk cabbage

I was browsing around this morning, looking for fun applications for this blog.
I added a "What Flower Are You" a few days ago -found on one of my garden forums. Out of curiosity, I changed my answers around to see what else I could be (HEY! Instant personality makeover!)...
All of the options are "pleasant" flowers.

No one wants to be the skunk cabbage or crab grass.

Everyone is a woods violet or a yellow rose.

Charlotte, one of my David Austin roses

Everyone is a monarch or a luna moth..nobody is admitting to being the bot fly.

So that got me thinking... Would I be willing to slap a "I'm a skunk cabbage" link on my page?
Sure!
Everything has its place and function in nature..and for the most part, things are fairly happy in their place, doing their thing. Evolutionary changes don't count, because, that's part of the plan!
Nature doesn't try to be more popular or have X amount on their friends list, more blog hits..or suffer that feeling of "what the hell!?" when their blogs go un-commented.
I'm sure there's an argument out there for nature's "Bigger, Better, Faster" plan ..but you get where I've gone with this train of thought:
Nature isn't about the blog hits, darlin', it's about surviving!

There's one helluva lot to be send for the unsavory characters in nature..foul smelling, invasive, parasitical...they have seized the day and moved forward...embracing their flesh-eating, stinky selves.
----
No sooner than I went looking for some hideous bot fly pic, did I find a quiz that didn't sugar coat my not so charming personality!
Find your Inner Insect


WHEE! I'm a grasshopper!
You are a grasshopper. There's no surplus of social niceties here - the moment you land, you start eating. You are insatiable in every respect; people get tired just looking at you. You know exactly what you want, and you go after it singlemindedly, which is admirable - but the odd "please" and "thank you" wouldn't go astray.

Wait...I dont wanna be a grasshopper..... I'm a delicate butterfly, damn it!

I hope everyone takes note..this delicate butterfly is dining on a squashed toad

I have no *message* for anyone...ooh wait. How about
"Embrace Your Inner Botfly?"


3 comments:

~B. said...

I am an ant. :*( But I used to be a spider. Evolution? LOL!

Sam said...

Nothing wrong with an ant! :D
Just be happy you aren't continually labeled as "eating constantly" *sigh*
That's just grand for my ego, ya know!

~B. said...

Ok...my rant is back up...but you have to scroll down to it. :D We think alike in many ways, grasshoppah. ;) LOLOL.