Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Amazing Girl

We chose to let Isis go this morning.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are loved, Good Girl.

I rested well with you here, your big white head close to my side.

I am glad we could release you from lymphoma and old age...after all you've given us.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

3 comments:

~B. said...

{{{{{ }}}}} She was beautiful and blessed to be with you. And vice-versa.

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so so sorry. ((((hugs))))

Wendy said...

Oh, Sam, I'm so sorry. It's one of the hardest things in life to say goodbye to our beloveds, much more so when we make the decision to let them go. You did well by Isis, and no dog has been more loved than she. Sending you and Michael good vibes. You did the right thing, which is not the easy thing. Be good to yourselves.

((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))