Sunday, September 7, 2008

Feeling Irie

At some point, I'll grow weary of singing every song I can think of with the word irie..until then, Michael and the dogs suffer.
Our new beloved, Irie:




















The whole story is quite odd and *meant to be*.
Michael and I were doing some breed research, thinking ahead to our Next Girl. We lost our German Shepherd to cancer in August.
Talking to LabRat about her wonderful Akita duo, and the breed in general..she said she would ask her breeder about a good kennel in my area.
She had a recommendation, and the dogs looked really good, but not K&K good. C, the breeder, then mentions she has a pup.

Exactly. What. We. Hoped. For.

Things flew along from there and Irie landed at Pittsburgh airport on Friday night. :D
We are elated.

Granted, she's making noises like a monkey in a blender right now (crate training is FUN)..other than that? She's been AMAZING.
I can't thank LabRat enough for setting things in motion.








2 comments:

~B. said...

She is so beautiful and cute and smiley. :) I'm so excited for you guys. I cannot wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful!