Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I may not be wealthy, or brilliant..



Or Heidi Klum....











But damn it, I'm GAME!

In our effort to eat and live well, we decided on growing as much organic fruit and veggies as we can. Not so bad, right?
I already have blackberries galore and a peach tree in the front yard.. my mom has apples, pears and plums. We've planted peppe
rs, herbs, squash and tomatoes.
I foolishly commented on how much I missed fresh eggs...and Michael decides I need (yes..I need) chickens "just like you had growing up".
Granted, I loved the turkeys, chickens, ducks and geese we had...I also didn't have the full care of said fowl.
We're talking 6 hens here, not a massive flock, but still.
More Living Beings to care for?!



I'm hoping most of you have never had to clean a chicken coop on a humid summer day...for those that have, my heart goes out to you.
I'm already the plumber, electrician, carpenter, lawn expert, cook, housekeeper, dog-and-cat wrangler, ad nauseum...
This is NOT to say Michael doesn't bust his butt when he's not working..but..he's always working (and I
thank you for it, BabyDarlin!).
We'll see how this goes.
We'll also see if I can maintain a manicure while Hen Wrangling. ;c)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you imagine living anywhere else? If you guys moved, I would miss out on your stories! ;)

~B. said...

Maybe skip the manicure and just go for the pedicure...or, that's what I do in the summer, anyway (nail polish doesn't get along well with sunscreen). :)